This programme is designed for the operators of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWPs), for the renewal of PAL cards, or for those looking to
learn how to operate MEWPs. This includes any scissor lifts and personnel lifts that do not have outriggers, so the machine can be driven whilst
elevated (manufacturer specification permitting).
1 day depending on categories & experience.
To instruct an operator to prepare and operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs). This includes any scissor lifts and
personnel lifts that do not have outriggers so that you can drive the machine while elevated (manufacturer specification permitting).
• Health & Safety regulations and legislation
• Accident control and prevention
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Working at Height Regulations
• Operation and safe manoeuvre of machines
• Preuse inspection
• Auxilliary and manual descent procedure
• Theory test and practical assessment
Key learning objectives
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Be aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations
• Be aware of accident prevention and control
• Be aware of the needs regarding personnel protection
• Be aware of the need to refer to the machine operating manual
• Drive the MEWP safely and manoeuvre the machine as required, to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner, both inside and outside a building
Who should attend
This programme is designed for the operators of MEWPs, renewal of PAL cards or for those looking to learn how to operate MEWPs. The course will
consist of classroom based tutorials, demonstrations and practical and written tests.
PPE required: Yes
** Please note that all our training is provided by an approved third party IPAF trainer off site at an approved training centre